29 September, 2016

Beauty Pick: What's In My Beauty Bag



I've recently become makeup obsessed! I believe it's due to there being a Sephora on every corner here in New York City. I've never really been one of those girls who were really into doing their makeup and I've generally always believed less is better but there is something about New York that makes me want to always put my best face forward.

At the beginning of this year I did a makeup course in Sydney with all the girlies at work; somewhat of a team bonding activity. It was loads of fun and I finally learnt the basics on contouring and how to take my eyeshadow from a minimal day look to a sexy smoky night look.

I've had a few trips to Sephora now and have picked up some new goodies so I thought I would put a post together on a few of my new favourites I have in my beauty bag.

The beauty bag itself is from a quirky New Yorker Pamela Barsky who sells hundreds of these slogan purses and bags with all different funny and witty words on them at the artists & fleas area in the Chelsea Market.

Born This Way Foundation by Too Faced



I've pretty much used the same foundation my whole makeup life, as the few others I did trial failed to meet my standards and I'm also very cautious with what I put on my skin as to avoid break outs. This foundation however doesn't just meet my standards, it exceeds them! It offers great lasting coverage, I put it on in the morning, go about my day, which includes a trip to the gym (sweaty!) and when I get home to take it off it still looks as it did when I put it on in the morning. This is where my old foundation failed me, often by the time I got home at the end of the day I was bare skinned again.

The foundation comes in a range of colours and I found it really easy to find a true match for my skin tone.








These are my little miracle workers. The pack contains concealers for your face/under eyes, primer for your eyelids and a bright eyes cream which you dab in the corner of each side of your eyes to open them up and make them pop! I use the "erase paste" and "lemon aid" almost everyday, I put the "erase paste" under my eyes to cover any dark circles and the "lemon aid" on my eyelids as a primer for my eyeshadow or the "lemon aid" can simply just be worn on its own if you want a more minimal look. The "boi-ing" concealer is great for covering up any spots or blemishes on your face.





Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder by Urban Decay



I love a bit of shimmer and shine in my life and this illuminated shimmering powder is absolutely divine! All you need is a touch of it along the top of your cheekbones and down your nose and your face is immediately .......well.....illuminating!





Eyebrow Kit by Sephora



My one makeup must these days is filling in and styling my eyebrows. Eyebrows do after all help with shaping your face and an over-pluck could completely ruin it all. I've picked up tips here and there on the best way to fill brows in and I find powder works best for me rather than a pencil. A pencil tends to leave a more prominent harsh line, whereas the powder is much softer suiting my features better. I love this kit because it has everything I need in it, the shadow brush and two brown shades which I blend together before applying, the brow comb and gel to shape my brows and tweezers for any stray hairs.






Koko K Lip Kit by Kylie Cosmetics



I've previously blogged about Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits and am a big fan of them and KJ herself! I like that they come as a kit so that I don't have to run around finding a matching pencil to the lipstick and I also love that you get lasting wear from them. And I think I've found the perfect colour in Koko K as it is a really nice natural shade on my skin tone, making it not too prominent or overbearing which makes for the perfect everyday wear.

The Lip Kits of course are not sold in Sephora stores but can be purchased online at www.kyliecosmetics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment