17 June, 2016

Beauty Pick: Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit by Kylie Jenner


Along with every other 15-30 year old girl I have become obsessed with Kylie Jenner; her snaps, her insta, her lip kits and as many other obsessed fan would know, it is not easy getting your hands on one of those lip kits! Especially when I was still living in Oz; with the time difference and the US Pacific release times and dates and well I'm just not that much of a morning person and I couldn't justify getting up at 5am to purchase a lip gloss.

But now I finally have my hot little hands on three matte Kylie Lip Kits and one Metal Lipstick!

I feel people are so quick to judge the Kardashian/Jenners and are more inclined to jump on the negative and be highly critical when it comes to their products, rather than the positive and appraisal. I'm going to try and stay neutral and really put this Lip kit to the test!



My first impression of the three matte lipsticks was how bold the colours were and how they really give your face a radical pop of colour.

I love that it comes as a kit and for the price that you would spend on one good lipstick alone. It also means you don't have to scramble about trying to find a lip pencil in a colour that matches or as I normally do just go without.

The lip pencil is a nice smooth crayon like texture making it easy to apply, which is great for amateurs like me who are not used to drawing a lip line. However, I did find it to smudge a little after application but that just could of been because of my skin type and lip curve. On the positive, the smudge created the illusion of a fuller lip just like Miss Kylie Jenner herself.

The lipstick itself is easily applied just like a lip gloss and goes on shiny to dry matte within seconds. *Tip* ensure your lips are exfoliated and moisturised well before applying otherwise you will end up with clumpy bits and patchy lips.

All in all I'm extremely happy I remained patient and finally got my hands on three of the famous Lip Kits. The Mary Jo K lipstick lasted me up to eight hours of the day and through many meals, work, the gym and New York City, with only one touch up required.

www.kyliecosmetics.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment