12 July, 2016

Fashion: Buckle Up



I love how different cities give you a confidence to wear different styles. You may not have the courage to rock the little satin slip dress with the tee underneath in Sydney but you would strut the streets of New York in it!

I tried to not go too manic when I first got to New York with my shopping as I was not on a holiday budget where I could spend, spend, spend until I ran out of money. I had to settle in and make a sustainable living and as most know, New York is one of the most expensive cities to live in.

I've been picking up some really great pieces here and there as we explore the city and I've tried to cut back on opting to buy lots of cheapie things over quality (meaning I bring less shopping bags home but I've probably spent more).

I find we end up in the Soho/Noho area quite a bit, probably because it is just so central to downtown and easy to walk to either the West or East Village. We must of visited and shopped in Soho/Noho at least five or more times before I decided I needed to pay a visit to the famous Dash store, owned by the Kardashian's. I really went in just to have a bit of a looksie and it was filled with plenty of Kardashian inspired outfits but there was one item that really caught my eye and it was one I'd been wanting for a while. It was the Baby Bri Bri Belt, most famously worn by Kendall Jenner, Selena Gomez and Kourtney Kardashian.

I picked the belt up, I put it down, I wandered around the store some more. I picked the belt up and said to Ed "I really want it" and he said "buy it", I put it back down. We left the store. We were headed down the street and I said to Ed "I really want it" and he said "go back and get it". We went back. I got it.

And now I could not be a more happier nor prouder owner of a Baby Bri Bri Belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment