25 June, 2016

NYC: Coffee and the City


As you all know by now, I have recently moved to New York City from Sydney, Australia for work and am very excited about the amazing and endless sites and activities there are to do and see here. Not to mention the amazing shopping....look out 5th Avenue.

But in saying that, I have previously visited the states a few times for vacation and knew there would be one thing (other than friends and family) I would miss from home. A good cup of COFFEE!

I don't think there is any denying that Americans love their morning coffee but unfortunately Starbucks just doesn't live up to my Aussie coffee tastebuds. Australians treat preparing coffee as an art, a passion, a skill....not to say the Americans don't, I don't want to start off on the wrong foot with my new home country now. But I guess every country takes their coffee differently.

Good news is, New York is a big city with plenty of variety in EVERYTHING! And I have found some good coffee spots that satisfy my caffeine cravings and remind me a little of home sip by sip. In saying that a number of them are established by Aussie's from back home.

Some of my new found loved coffee spots have some interesting stories about how they came to be here in this concrete jungle and are well worth the read. Their stories make you enjoy your cup of coffee that little bit more and are a great distraction for when waiting on your coffee companion to arrive.

Blue Bottle

Blue Bottle is spread all over the city but you'll find me in the Bryant Park location on weekday mornings.


https://bluebottlecoffee.com
Locations:
Bryant Park; Berry Street; Chelsea; Dean Street (Brooklyn); Hell's Kitchen; Highline; Met Breuer; Rockefeller Centre;

Milk Bar Store

We stumbled across Milk Bar in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and went in for a coffee and came out with a coffee and a cereal milk flavoured soft serve. What we didn't know at the time was Milk Bar is the sister bakery to the Momofuku restaurants and knowing this now explains the mind blowing cereal milk flavoured soft serve.


http://milkbarstore.com/
Locations:
Midtown; Upper West Side; East Village; Williamsburg; Carroll Gardens; Chelsea;

Bluestone Lane Cafe

Bluestone Lane Cafe will be mentioned many times in my blogs about New York, as it quickly became a favourite of mine. It was setup by Aussies and therefore make a good cup of coffee!


www.bluestonelaneny.com/
Locations:
Greenwich Village; West Village; Upper East Side;

Rise and Grind!


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait for my next coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluestone Lane is my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment