28 June, 2015

Fitness: Bikini Body Challenge (Part Two)


shop the look:
Tights and Singlet from Cotton On Body: Nike Roshe Shoes from ASOS;

Here I am week 12! I did it, I've completed Kayla Itsines 12 week challenge! So how did the last 6 weeks go?

They were very very tough!

Week 9 had to go on hold as I got very sick and barely had enough energy to blow my nose let alone even think about doing a burpee. I continued on the next week, though still very sick and it was hard. I breathlessly struggled through it sniffing the whole way. Even into week 10 when I was 90% better I could still feel my energy levels were quite low but I persevered through.

Week 10 was the first week where I did not get through all four exercises at least once in a round. It was arm day and I was just finishing off the third exercise in the first round when the buzzer went off. I couldn't believe it, I thought something had gone wrong, like I'd set it for the wrong time or something?! But no the round was just a killer!

Week 11 - Friday - Abs. I don't know if it was because I was in a complete trance from having a super busy stressful day but I got through this workout super easy and fast. The 6kg weighted crunches that I struggled with back in week 9, I was now doing them with ease.

Week 12 rolled around and I was so excited that I had made it, I was full of energy the whole week as I wanted to finish it off strong. The last exercise ever for the challenge, I believe was one of the toughest, burpee push up with a bench jump, uuuggghhh! But I was so pumped to of made it all the way to the end I did it with a bounce in my step.

The challenge has left me feeling much lighter as I have definitely slimmed down. I feel the fittest I've felt for a while and more motivated to maintain this fitness level. I believe the challenge has helped me to improve my techniques, for example I hate push ups and I think it's because I usually did not do them properly but over the coarse of the twelve weeks my technique has improved with practice and 15 pushups are now a piece of cake.

If someone were to try come up to me today and challenge me by saying give me ten burpees I would laugh in their face and say bring it on!

So what's next? I'm starting again from week one but I'm going to mix it up this time with some weight days to get some of my muscle tone and strength back. I've also got my next challenge coming up with City to Surf so I will be including a lot of runs, stairs and sand dunes in my weekly training to help me prepare for the big day.





take the challenge:
Kayla Itsines 12 Week Workout Challenge;


2 comments:

  1. oh wow this is so great! I REALLY need to motiviate myself to do this! Thanks for the inspiration!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, i wish i was this motivated! but best wishes on your personal challenge
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment