11 January, 2017

Fitness: Pressed Juicery - One Day Juice Cleanse


I've been wanting to try a juice cleanse for a while now as I have heard a lot about them and how great they can be. It is not something you do to try lose weight, it is something you do when you need to give your body a break from all the "bad stuff". The "bad stuff" being sugar, processed foods and alcohol. The cleanse helps to stop your body from craving all that "bad stuff" and somewhat resets it to crave the "good stuff". The "good stuff" being veges, fruits, nuts and lean meats.

Ever since I moved to the States 8 months ago I just have not been able to get back into my healthy eating routine. My world was tipped upside down and it's taken until now to get settled in. And don't forget to take into account that now I'm living in the States, I'm in the country that loves large portions and lots of fat!

So to help me get on track I'm kicking off my healthy eating routine with a juice cleanse and it's perfect timing, as Pressed Juicery was doing a New Year sale and I picked up their "Cleanse 1: For the First Timer" one day cleanse for a great deal. Here's how the cleanse went:

8:30am Juice 1 - Chocolate Almond (almonds, dates, cacao, sea salt)

This is meant to be the heavier, more filling of all the juices and is thrown into the "Cleanse 1: For the First Timer" to help aid in keeping the hunger pains at bay. It tasted strongly of the dates and at the starting point of the day I felt it would be the easiest to drink, taste wise. Unfortunately, it still just felt like drinking a flavored milk and wasn't too filling. But lets see how the rest of the day goes. . .

10:30am Juice 2 - Greens 3 (kale, spinach, romaine, parsley, cucumber, celery, apple, lemon, ginger)

I don't mind a green juice but generally it has to have mint in it, as the mint flavor commonly dominates but this one does NOT have mint and DOES have a whole heap of ingredients I'm not too fond on, ginger for example. However, I'm committed to this cleanse and I'll suck it up.....literally.

I closed my eyes and scrunched my nose as I took the first sip in preparation for a foul taste but I was pleasantly surprised! I actually really liked this one! It's sweet and tangy, the apple and lemon really stand out and I really enjoyed it.

12:30pm Juice 3 - Roots 2 (carrot, kale, romaine, spinach, parsley, apple, lemon, ginger)

Lunch time and I was starting to feel hungry and after looking at the ingredients for juice number three I was really not looking forward to drinking it, it did not sound appetizing at all!

I could really smell the ginger but it was the carrot that had the most prominent flavor in this juice. I decided I was going to try trick my brain into thinking I'm eating carrot sticks for lunch! On the bright side it didn't taste as bad as I thought it might and I was able to drink it comfortably.

2:30pm Juice 4 - Citrus 2 (pineapple, apple, lemon, mint)

Jackpot! So tropically delicious! At this point I was feeling a little tired and I think I may of even experienced some head spins but having a juice every two hours and being a slow drinker, they come around quickly so I feel like I am constantly putting something into my body.

Mmmmm this one was so deliciously good!

4:30pm Juice 5 - Greens 3 (kale, spinach, romaine, parsley, cucumber, celery, apple, lemon, ginger)

As I edge towards dinner time, I'm starting to think if I have a soup is that cheating?! It's still watery like a juice right?!

6:30pm Juice 6 - Chocolate Almond (almonds, dates, cacao, sea salt)

And juice number six concludes the juice cleanse.

If you feel your body needs a break from all the "bad stuff", especially after the silly season and you're looking to kick start healthier living give Pressed Juicery's juice cleanse a try.

Snap Story:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment