16 April, 2015

Social: Catalina








shop the look:
Catalina Maxi Dress by SheikeBron Heels by VeraliClutch Bag by ColetteAccessories by Lovisa;

It's wedding season!

Another bestie ties the knot. My long time friend Janey said "I do" to her Shaun the Sheep. The wedding was held at the scenic The Sebel in Kiama and can only be described as very "Janey". Everything was so beautiful down to last detail and it was noticeable that a lot of thought was put into the whole day.

The bride looked breathtaking in a slinky floor length dress with a sheer overlay and laced winged sleeves, topped with a beautiful flower crown and a simple down do. The bridesmaids looked equally beautiful in somewhat matching dresses and pretty soft curls swept to the side.

The entire evening was such a celebration of the newlyweds and the relationships they shared with each and every person there to witness their special day. As cliche as it sounds, the whole evening was filled with love in the air.

I spent weeks searching for a dress to wear, I ended up knowing every dress, on every online site and would know exactly what the new dresses added each week were, without evening having to check the "what's new" tab. I was two weeks out from the wedding and decided to go old school, so I put a bra on, took my trackies off and put down my glass of wine and hit the shops. I found the most perfect elegant dress in Sheike. A navy blue floor length number, with a split down the leg and a halter neck top. I knew as soon as I saw it, it was the one!

At the time I did not think about how my partner in crime 'Puffin's' suit is navy blue too but it worked out perfectly, by matching his tie to my lipstick and nails, we made the perfect power couple! Move over Jay Z and Beyonce (wink)!

We spent the weekend in a huge house at the top of the hill which had amazing views but a not so swim friendly pool. I am very happy that it was brought to my attention that the bottom of the pool was covered in spiders before I went all YOLO and jumped in.

Here's to Janey and Shaun the Sheep, off on your first adventure as newlyweds, I wish you two lovebirds a happily ever after...

Photography: Misc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment